Whatsapp doesn’t need any introduction at the present, I guess. It is most commonly used application for messaging, voice chat, & video calling all over the globe. It has over one billion users. The major reason for its popularity is that it isn’t just a replacement for text messages. Instead, it allows you to share whatever you want, along with messages. For example, you can share images, video, files or whatever you want. Without worrying or waiting for your message to be delivered, it does the jobs in milliseconds.
There are a lot of people who still think that this is an application which is supposed to be used with smartphones only. But, the best thing is that you can also use it on your PC or laptop. But, for this purpose, you require an extensive guide. If you are looking for the one, this is the right place for you.
Shortcut to use WhatsApp on PC without downloading/installing it
Whatsapp allows you to open it on your PC as well via its web-based application i.e. WhatsApp web. You might think that using WhatsApp on your PC is a boring choice but, it is simply fun. But, in this scenario, to use this shortcut method, you must have your phone with you. Otherwise, in case you have lost it or doesn’t have the smartphone, this method isn’t going to work. Rather, you can look for the second one.
The first step is to turn on your PC, open any web browser (Preferably Chrome, but WhatsApp will also work with Firefox, opera & safari) & go to the link https://web.whatsapp.com
It will show up a QR code on your screen, after the web is loaded successfully. What you are supposed to do with this? It is meant to be scanned from your phone. Basically, it links your WhatsApp account on your PC & activates it here.
The next thing you have to do is open WhatsApp application on your phone. Look for the option WhatsApp web in it from the setting button. It will show up a box that is ready to scan the QR code from your PC.
Put your smartphone in front of the PC so that the box which is ready to scan the QR code directly captures the code from the PC. It doesn’t require pressing any buttons. As soon as the QR code will be read successfully, you will automatically log in your WhatsApp.
Your WhatsApp is now ready to use on a bigger screen.
Actual method to download & install WhatsApp on your phone
In case you don’t have access to your phone, you can install the app permanently in your PC or laptop to use it from there, instead of your phone. I have seen a few people who suffer while downloading BlueStacks App Player. But, if you choose to download it from a reliable site, you won’t face any problem, I guess. The main thing is that you must have 2GB free space in your PC/Laptop to install it.
Here comes the actual step-by-step process.
- The first step is to download Android Emulator i.e. BlueStack App Player in your PC or laptop.
When you search for it, you will see its two available versions.
- Normal BlueStacks App Player
- Thin BlueStacks App Player (Prefer to download this one)
- After you are done downloading it, the next step is to install Thin BlueStacks App Player.
- After you are done installing it, you will see a pop-up screen there. From the all available options, you have to choose Messaging Icon from there and then Whatsapp.
- As soon you as click it, it will start downloading into your PC. The downloading process will take some time. So, be patient.
As soon as it is done, it will show installed written below WhatsApp. You are now supposed to click the WhatsApp icon to open the app on your PC/laptop.
- It will show up a window, welcoming you to WhatsApp. Here, you are supposed to click on Agree & continue option. Choose your country code, enter your mobile number & it will send you a code on the same number. The purpose of sending this message is that you are the actual user of this WhatsApp. Enter your verification code here to prove that you are the one who owns this number. There is also an option for a call function. It let you receive a call instead of a text message to send the verification code.
You are done here with everything. You can use WhatsApp here & do almost anything with it, like messaging, sharing files, & much more. This is a useful approach for those who face sudden issues with their smartphone or lost it. Anyhow, using this app on a big screen is always fun. You must try it as well.
If you face any issues while downloading or installing it, let us know by commenting below.